First Week, 23rd - 28th January 2018

First Day at School


Before i tell you about my first day at school, I will tell you about the school profile.
The name of the school is Boon Khum Rat Bum Rung School. There are six buildings in the school, each building has restrooms for students and teachers.  The school has more than 1300 students (kindergarten, elementary, and secondary) and 60 teachers. There are some facilities that can be found such as english room, laboratories, cafetaria, computer room, WI-FI, and so on.

Now, let's come to my story of the first day at school.

Before we went to the school, I had simple breakfast while seeing the morning view from my dorm.

We arrived at the school at 7.45 A.M. Mr. Tam said that he would introduce us to the school after morning ceremony (additional information, the morning ceremony is held every morning). So, we waited the students until they finished the ceremony.

Morning Ceremony

After the morning ceremony was finished, Teacher Gesorn called us to stand up in front of the students and say some words. So, I was the first one to introduce my self. I was so nervous. 
These were what I say.

Good Morning,
My name is Sinta Mustika.
You can call me Sinta.
I'm from Indonesia.
My major is English.
Thank you for welcoming us.
Let's be friend. 

After we finished, Mr. Tam took us to our mentor's rooms. In Boon Khum, each teacher has their own classroom. So, we will stay at the room for a month. 

My metors were Teacher Som-o and Teacher Gesorn. But I stayed in Teacher Som-O's room. Teacher Som-o taught Grade 4 and Grade , and TEacher Gesorn taught Grade 5 and Grade 6.

 These were my schedules. I taught Grade 4 and Grade 5. 
Teacher Som-o said that in the first week I would observe her teaching. Before she began her teaching, she expalined me about the procedure of teaching that she used. 


The teaching method that she used to teach English as Foreign language was Activity Based Learning. 
So, she explained me the procedures.
1. Warm up
In warm up, we have to review the background knowledge of the students, we can give a song or a game that related to the content of my teaching.
2. Presentation
 We teach the content to the students. We cannot teach them by telling but by understanding.
3. Practice
We give the activity to the students so that they can practice what the teach before.
4. Production
We ask the students to make their own product without helping them.
5. Wrap up
We conclude our lesson.

After giving explanation began her teaching. I observed her teaching in Grade 4/2.



And I also observed Grade 5/4. P'Koii was teaching the class. P'Koii was in the same room with me. She was a student from VRU who did her practicum in Boon Khum School. She had a same mentor with me. During my time in Boon Khum, P'Koii helped me a lot. 


After observing, he had lunch. The lunch time was 11.30 A.M. The school provided free lunch for us. The first meal that we had was Patai.
Patai was very delicious. I liked it. 

These were our menus for a week.

After having lunch, we went back to the classroom and observed again.


During a week, I observed all the classes that I will teach.
In my observation, I found that students love drawing and coloring. They liked to learning while playing. Also, the teacher provided games for them to learn English with fun.








Students' activities during the observation.










That's all my first week at school.


Wait, I forget to tell you my first weekend in Thailand.
We went to Ayutthaya to see the temple and the floating market. We ate delicious food in the floating market. There was a story in our journey to Ayutthaya. The buddy said that we cannot speak English, because we will pay more money if they know that we are foreign. So, were just silent. 55555555




That's all my story on the first week.

Komentar

Postingan Populer